- Date published : 20 April 2019
An amphitheatre and a memorial to the Stolen Generation would be built as part of the proposed upgrade to Murlawirrapurka/Rymill Park in Adelaide that will enhance its ability to host major events and rejuvenate the precinct.
The Master Plan was developed by TCL in partnership with the City of Adelaide, and in collaboration with Troppo Architects, Mash, DesignFlow, Bluebottle, GTA Consultants, Gallagher Bassett and RLB.
Murlawirrapurka Rymill Park hosts the Adelaide Fringe and numerous other events including portion of the National 3-day Horse Trials. Mostly though, it’s a favoured family park that connects with the action Rundle Street, the City’s primary retail and entertainment street. The Park has recently been disrupted by Adelaide’s new underground Obahn public transport connection.
The key actions in the plan are:
- Enhance the lake and surrounds
- Create an inclusive playspace
- Strengthen existing event spaces and create new ones
- Improve entrances and pathways
- Reinforce the landscape character and features of the park
- Create a place of reflection